Sunday, January 23, 2011

Are you available?

   This was a day that I have waited 12 days for, to get out of the House, I had hopes of going to church but when Don saw the extreme low temps. he said no but if it warms up enough at noon he would take me out to lunch. Goody it warmed and it was wonderful to drive the familiar route and enjoy a meal out. My knee is still swollen but I can walk without aid of the crutches and I feel so free.
   You can always tell when people have been sick or wounded themselves because they are the kindest and most considerate to people who are hurting. They bring things like home made cookies or fruit or like my neighbor, home made chicken noodle soup, but they sit down and visit and hug you when they leave. You feel loved and cared for and I believe you heal faster. God uses your lips to express love and your arms to hug with. Are you available? Some researchers say that when we touch someone there is something that transfers they can't quite put a name to it but there is a reaction. I think it is God using you to send healing vibes to that person, Jesus always laid hands on the sick.
   Today we received a phone call from Don's sister Lorraine in Florida.  My heart aches as I listen to all her health problems, she wants desperately to sell her home and move nearer her son Randy and wife Terri, but the market being what it is she is trapped. Randy who is a doctor wants his mother near him where he can get her the care she needs. What I hear is someone who is alone and afraid. She needs the human touch. She needs that person who comes with warm cookies fresh from the oven, a cup of coffee, someone who will sit down and lend an ear, someone who will give her a hug and a promise to return, someone who will pray with her. Lorraine holds her little dog and says it's nice to have a warm body near you. Do you realize how many people move among us and no one ever touches them. I ask for prayers for her
   I have received so much from friends and family, cards, gifts, food and visits and how it made me feel was loved and I think God is saying to me " remember how it made you feel go out and do likewise".

No comments:

Post a Comment